In East Hampshire, Eastleigh, Havant, Test Valley and Winchester areas, affordable social housing is a limited resource. Demand for housing is high with 8,373 households registered on the Hampshire Home Choice Housing Register. Hampshire Home Choice will:
- Provide affordable housing opportunities and choice to people who are unable to access open market housing within the Hampshire Home Choice area.
- 100% of social lettings* to be made through the scheme (there may be some local exceptions).
- Encourage applicants to make informed decisions on what accommodation they would like to be considered for, where they would like to live and the opportunity to actively look for their own home.
- Provide a fair, transparent and easy to understand scheme accessible to all applicants that also provides an effective safety net for those who are homeless or have urgent housing needs.
* social lettings include social and affordable rent tenancies