This page contains details on our accessibility statement, it also contains information on our onsite accessibility tools, these can help how you view our website.
Accessibility statement for Hampshire Home Choice
This accessibility statement applies to http://www.hampshirehomechoice.org.uk/.
This website is run by Hampshire Home Choice.
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille, contact the Council dealing with your application.
We’ll consider your request and aim to get back to you in 10 working days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact the Council dealing with your application.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Contacting us by phone or visiting us in person
Contact the Council dealing with your application to find out if:
- They provide a text relay service for people who are D/deaf, hearing impaired or have a speech impediment.
- Their offices have audio induction loops, or if you contact us before your visit we can arrange a British Sign Language (BSL) interpreter.
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Hampshire home choice is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018
PDFs and other documents
We need to check our PDFs to see if they meet accessibility standards and will update this section of the accessibility statement once we have this information.
We do not plan to add captions to live video streams because live video is exempt from meeting the accessibility regulations.
How accessible this website is
We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- Change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- Zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- Navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- Navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- Listen to most of the website using a screen reader
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
- You can select the Accessibility option to change the font size to large or extra-large without the text spilling off the screen.
- WCAG success criterion 1.4.10: Reflow can be met by using the Mobile website view in the top navigation.
- Our website makes use of embedded maps in several locations. We are not required to make these accessible as long as essential information is always provided in an accessible format like an address.
reCAPTCHA is a third party component we use in our site but unfortunately currently does not comply with the accessibility regulation
This website is fully compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 13th December 2020. It was last reviewed on 13th December 2020.
Change size of text
It is possible to resize the text on this website by using the 'normal text size', 'Large text size' and 'Extra large text size' buttons below.