Anyone who has been accepted onto the Hampshire Home Choice Housing Register can start to bid for properties. To apply to join the Housing Register you must be age 16 or over.
You will need to register an online application form via the website. Alternatively, if you cannot apply online contact one of the participating Councils who will help you to complete an application. The application form enables you to apply for a Registered Provider (also known as Housing Association) or Winchester City Council rented home.
Along with your application form you may be asked to provide the following documents:
- Proof of identity for all household members (e.g. passport, birth certificate).
- Proof of current address (e.g. recent gas or electricity bill).
- Evidence of your right to reside in the UK if you are not a British Citizen (e.g. passport and other relevant documents from the Home Office)
- Proof of local connection.
- Proof of child related benefits (if applicable)
- Further information as required.
If you do not provide us with the requested information within 28 days, your application will be cancelled.
If you do not fill in the application form properly or fully it cannot be assessed. Once you have started an online application form you will be given 28 days to complete it. Incomplete applications will be cancelled after 28 days.
All applications are subject to verification. This may include Council Officers visiting you at home and checking of identification and other relevant documents that you have provided.
Before you are offered a property you may be asked by the landlord to provide further documents to support your application.