To apply to join the Housing Register you must be:

You will need to register an online application form via this website. If you cannot apply online contact the Council you would like to apply to, and they will be able to help.

You will be asked to provide the following documents:

  • Proof of identity for all household members (e.g. passport, birth certificate).
  • Proof of current address (e.g. recent gas or electricity bill).
  • Evidence of your right to reside in the UK if you are not a British Citizen (e.g. passport and other relevant documents from the Home Office)
  • Proof of local connection.
  • Proof of child related benefits (if applicable)
  • Further information as required.

If you do not provide the requested information within 28 days, your application will be cancelled. 

All applications are subject to verification. This may include Council Officers visiting you at home and checking of identification and other relevant documents that you have provided.