To complete an online application for housing you need to:
- Register your details and your partner’s details (if you have a partner).
- Once you have registered you details you will need to complete an application by clicking on Apply for Social housing. You must answer the questions fully and add any children as additional household members.
The Help page will tell you step by step how to register your details and complete an application for housing.
If the application is not completed and submitted within 28 days of starting the application, the application form will be deleted and you will need to reapply.
You will only be eligible for properties that are suitable for the size of your household. The following tells you how we normally decide on the number of bedrooms that you are eligible for:
- Single person – 1 bedroom
- Couple – 1 bedroom
- Single person or couple with one child – 2 bedrooms
- Single person or couple with one girl and one boy both under 10 years - 2 bedrooms
- Single person or couple with two same sex children under 16 years – 2 bedrooms
- Single person or couple with one girl and one boy where the eldest child is over 10 years - 3 bedrooms
- Single person or couple with three or four children – 3 or 4 bedrooms depending on the ages of the children*
- Single person or couple with five or more children – 3 or 4 bedrooms depending on the ages of the children*
* The maximum number of bedrooms will follow the rule for age and sex separation given for households with two or more children:
- Two children of the same sex under 16 years of age will be expected to share one bedroom
- Two children of opposite sex where one is 10 years or over are entitled to separate bedrooms
We will not assess an unborn child as being part of your household until the child is born and a copy of the birth certificate has been received. If in the meantime you are successful for a property, it will remain the landlord’s decision whether they accept you for that property.